For face recognition of full colour photographs
The essential difference of Aurora’s FaceRec SDK is that it does not require use of the infrared camera unit. It has been designed to work more like a conventional face recognition SDK where the different functional components are separate and can be used independently or in any combination. This allows software engineers to integrate our technology into other applications such as face detection and tracking for CCTV, photo sorting and indexing for social media, verification for on-line transactions, identification against a gallery of images, as well as for traditional access control.
The FaceRec API provides an interface to detect and recognise faces when applied to a bitmap image. Aurora’s extensive experience in face recognition has taught us that one face recognition algorithm does not suit all situations. Therefore, the API includes multiple detection and recognition algorithms, each optimised for different types of face image, hence providing specific advantages for different circumstances. For example, face recognition engines are available for the following:
- Infrared images captured independently of our SDK
- High quality passport style photographs for identity management
- Web-cam images captured under poor lighting conditions
- Social photographs taken from a variety of different head angles
- Look-a-like images, tuned to mimic human facial perception